This policy applies to all the pages hosted on this site. It does not apply to pages hosted by Catalysts for Social Action’s affiliates, linked organizations, partners, or to other organizations to which we may provide a link and whose privacy policies may differ.
Please read the following to understand how your personal information will be treated. The policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
This policy will answer the following questions:
- What information does Catalysts for Social Action collect?
- How is your information used?
- Does Catalysts for Social Action share your information?
- How secure is the information you give us?
- How can you access, correct or delete your data?
- How do you opt out of receiving messages from Catalysts for Social Action?
- How does Catalysts for Social Action protect children’s privacy?
Our security measures and this policy are reviewed on a regular basis. If you have any questions relating to this policy, please address them to:
Catalysts for Social Action
711 & 712, Bhaveshwar Arcade Annex,
Nityanand Nagar, LBS Marg,
Near Shreyas Cinema, Ghatkopar (W),
Mumbai, Maharashtra, INDIA – 400086
If you are not satisfied with our response to your concern: you may wish to contact the CEO’s Office.
What information do we collect?
We collect personal information (including demographic and personal profile data) as volunteered by you in registration forms, subscriptions, campaigns and e-actions. However, you can access our web site without disclosing any of your personal data. Catalysts for Social Action also collects the following (non-identifying) information:
- the internet domain and IP addresses from which you access the website.
- the type of browser (for example Internet Explorer or Firefox)
- the operating system you use (for example, Windows, Macintosh)
- the date and time of your visit
- the pages you access
How is your information used?
Catalysts for Social Action uses the information to help us understand more about how supporters use our site and to make improvements. We also use the information for marketing purposes such as sending you our e-newsletter. If you have subscribed to the Catalysts for Social Action e-newsletter you will receive it by email on a monthly basis.
Does Catalysts for Social Action share your information?
The neither information you provide will not be sold or rented nor will it be shared with third parties unless we have your permission, are required to disclose the information by law, or in the following circumstances:
- Catalysts for Social Action may share your personal information from time to time, with its affiliate non-profit entities, linked organisations, charity collaborators, within or outside India, which may then use such information in connection with their activities.
- With your permission, Catalysts for Social Action may also share your information with other organisations with similar aims and objectives.
- The disclosure of your personal information discussed above may involve the transfer of that information outside of India.
- If there is any change in government policy about disclosure of donation details, we will furnish the details to the government without the donors consent.
How secure is the information you give us?
Catalysts for Social Action uses industry-standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information, such as firewalls and Secure Socket Layers. We make every effort to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure.
How can you access, correct or delete your data?
- Website User Accounts: You can access, correct or delete your personal data by logging in to your user account and making the necessary changes. You should promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate.
How do you opt out of receiving messages from Catalysts for Social Action?
We will only send you emails if you have given us permission to contact you about Catalysts for Social Action’s work. We do not send out random, untargeted emails (spam). Any emails we send you will enable you to opt-out of receiving further emails from us. We will clearly state whether we received your details from an organization who recommended you to us.
How does Catalysts for Social Action protect children’s privacy?
The safety of children is very important to us. To this effect, we have a Child Protection Policy in place, a copy of which is available on our website under Repository section. We adhere to the Child Protection Policy and the identity of children will not be revealed at any point in time. No sensitive information will be posted at Catalysts for Social Action about children. All applicable laws are followed with respect to children’s data collection. No sharing of data regarding children with any third parties is permitted at any time under any circumstances.